Friday, November 6, 2009

Break time



Nothing new this week. I've taken a break from 40k and modeling to hit up some new video games. Top of the list is Borderlands on PC. Plan on some friends buying it and we all co-op from start to finish. Also Gratuitous Space Battles. It's like a space-strategy turret defense game. You load out each ship and put it on the field of battle with your choice of weapons, defenses, ship class, etc and then click "Fight". The battle takes place without your input, you just have to have the sense to equip the ships correctly and then place them on the map before the battle in a way that they work together. Sort of like training on how to deploy your 40k forces to respond to the enemy's deployment, if it were pitched battle each time, hehe.

Also, after the last defeat of my Tau friend he will be taking a break from 40k to focus on more nerdy endeavors like DnD, while all my other friends think 40k is too nerdy for them to get into, tho they play WoW, DnD, or Magic. I'm the odd man out that's into science fiction or what some call 40k, science fantasy. I hate elves, magic spells, and everything wooden and ancient. Give me space-age alloys, crossing the galaxy in the blink of an eye, and super heated plasma. We'll see which one wins in a fight, lol.

Anyway, I'll get back to painting and building models next week or so. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Chumbalaya said...

Gratuitous Space Battles sounds effing awesome, I hope my PC can run it.

Sucks to be the odd man out, I'm lucky none of my friends are stuck with lame fantasy stuff (Skaven is about as far as I'll go).

SynnerG said...

Oh you definitely can. It's a 65MB game that's mostly just pixel graphics, just high res. Kinda like Pop Cap games like Peggle. Most of the space of the game is probably weapon and equipment data, lol. It sounded like a simplistic game, but there are lotttts of choices and you build all the ships yourself based on how many slots there on the hull and power/crew limitations. There's a demo on the website I linked.

Yeah... my friends will spend days after days role playing DnD campaigns, but think pushing little men around on a table is more nerdy. o_O

Post a Comment